Things to Note
· Government of Pakistan has extended the New E-Visa Portal for 191 countries from 29th April, 2019 (https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/electronic-travel-authorization-eta/).
· The companies employing expatriates from these 191 countries are required to submit their work visa application on the E-Visa portal i.e. https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
· As per revised visa policy, work visa will be granted for a maximum period of one year with multiple entries, which will be extended on yearly basis in Pakistan. It is, therefore, requested to deposit BoI's Work Visa processing fee of US$100 (equal in Pak rupees) for one year, only in the Board of Investment Account No. 3035205436 being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre, Islamabad. Any request for refund or adjustment will not be entertained.
· Each family visa application may be submitted online on NADRA website(visa.nadra.gov.pk), separately by choosing visa category "work" and sub category "family". BOI's Processing fee of US$100 per person per year will be applied to each family case to be submitted at NBP Account No. 3035205436.
· The original payment receipt along with one set of original documents should be submitted to Board of Investment with covering letter clearly indicating the eleven digit case ID.
· As per revised visa, policy work visa will be granted for one year with multiple entries, which will be extended on yearly basis in Pakistan.
Work Visas are granted to foreign technical and managerial personnel for the purpose of imparting technical know-how and skills to the local population. The duration of work visa is one year. For further Information regarding other visa issues please visit Interior Ministry
- Submission of Application
To apply Online Work Visa: Click Here
- Company’s covering letter stating the period of visa required and other necessary details.
- Passport’s consisting of three pages i.e, information, entry and last visa page.
- Colored Photographs.
- Sponsor details (Company Focal Person Name, Designation, Email, Address, Cell number)
- CV of the employee
- BOI’s previous recommendation letter / previous visa page (in case of extension of visa)
- Company's Registration Certificate.
- Employment agreements.
- Confirmation/ guarantee of the credentials of the expatriates by the company on their letter head.
- Company profile.
- Work / Family visa processing fee details.
- FBR NTN Certificate
- Original / proof of Work Visa processing fee US$100 (equal in Pak rupees) for one year work visa. The amount shall be deposited in the Board of Investment Account No. 3035205436 being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre, Melody, Islamabad.
Note: One set of above documents are required to be submitted by the company. The fee on services offered by Board of Investment are REVISED/LEVIED w.e.f. 01st January, 2017
- Processing of Application
- On receipt of complete documents from sponsors, BOI examines the documents and recommends for the grant / extension of work visa to Ministry of Interior for issuance of visa advice to Pak-Missions abroad / Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan, subject to receipt of security clearance or on completion of 4 weeks’ time mandated for security clearance( whichever is earlier)
If case is not cleared by the stakeholders, the work visa is cancelled immediately.
For more information on Visas please visit Minstry of Interior