Things to Note
- Government of Pakistan has extended the New E-Visa Portal for 191 countries from 29th April, 2019 (E-Visa Portal Nadra).
- The companies employing expatriates from these 191 countries are required to submit their work visa application on the E-Visa portal i.e. https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
*BOI’s letter of recommendation is mandatory for Work Visa extension cases, which can be obtained by submitting application on http://visa.invest.gov.pk
Work Visa - Entry
- Work Visa Entry – Single Entry up to 3 months which will be extendable further up to 2 years
- Pakistan Missions abroad to receive and approve entry work visa within stipulated time frame of 48 hours
Work Visa - Extension
- Once work visa granted for 3 months, applicant can seek extension up to 2 years with multiple entries
- Ministry of Interior to receive and decide with due feedback from the stakeholders (mandatory)
- BOI’s letter of recommendation is mandatory for Work Visa extension cases.
- Issuance of visa - 4 Weeks (Working Days – Visa Extension)
BOI’S LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
- Citizens of foreign countries who wish to work and live in Pakistan can apply on http://visa.invest.gov.pk for obtaining BoI’s Work Visa Recommendation Letter, which is a mandatory document as per list of documents required for WORK VISA – EXTENTION APPLICATION.
- A Fee of US$100 per person per year is charged for the service by BOI. Any request for refund or adjustment will not be entertained.
- The original payment receipt along with one set of original documents should be submitted to Board of Investment.
- As per revised Visa Policy, Work Visa will be extended up to 2 years with multiple entries, therefore the request should clearly indicate the required duration.
- You need to register a User Account before applying for Work Visa. You can include your Family Members in your Visa Application if they are accompanied by giving their details.
- On receipt of complete application on Portal, the BoI’s Work Visa Recommendation Letter will be issued within seven (07) working days.
List of Required Documents
- Company’s covering letter stating the period of visa required and other necessary details.
- Passport’s consisting of three pages i.e, information, entry and last visa page.
- Colored Photographs.
- Sponsor details (Company Focal Person Name, Designation, Email, Address, Cell number)
- CV of the employee
- Previous visa page
- Company's Registration Certificate.
- Employment agreement.
- Confirmation/ guarantee of the credentials of the expatriates by the company on their letter head.
- Company profile.
- Work / Family visa processing fee details.
- FBR NTN Certificate
In case of any query please contact the following:
Mr. Muhammad Aslam,
Assistant Director (Visa),
Prime Minister's Office,
Board of Investment,
06th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat,
Tel: +92-51-9244530, Fax: +92-51-9215554
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org