Things to Note
- Government of Pakistan has extended the New E-Visa Portal for 191 countries from 29th April, 2019 (E-Visa Portal Nadra).
- The companies employing expatriates from these 191 countries are required to submit their work visa application on the E-Visa portal i.e. https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
*BOI’s letter of recommendation is mandatory for Work Visa extension cases, which can be obtained by submitting application on http://visa.invest.gov.pk
Work Visa - Entry
- Work Visa Entry – Single Entry up to 3 months which will be extendable further up to 2 years
- Pakistan Missions abroad to receive and approve entry work visa within stipulated time frame of 48 hours
Work Visa - Extension
- Once work visa granted for 3 months, applicant can seek extension up to 2 years with multiple entries
- Ministry of Interior to receive and decide with due feedback from the stakeholders (mandatory)
- BOI’s letter of recommendation is mandatory for Work Visa extension cases.
- Issuance of visa - 4 Weeks (Working Days – Visa Extension)
BOI’S LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
- Citizens of foreign countries who wish to work and live in Pakistan can apply on http://visa.invest.gov.pk for obtaining BoI’s Work Visa Recommendation Letter, which is a mandatory document as per list of documents required for WORK VISA – EXTENTION APPLICATION.
- A Fee of US$100 per person per year is charged for the service by BOI and is to be deposited in Board of Investment Account No. 3035205436 being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre, Islamabad. Any request for refund or adjustment will not be entertained.
- The original payment receipt along with one set of original documents should be submitted to Board of Investment.
- As per revised Visa Policy, Work Visa will be extended up to 2 years with multiple entries, therefore the request should clearly indicate the required duration.
- You need to register a User Account before applying for Work Visa. You can include your Family Members in your Visa Application if they are accompanied by giving their details.
- On receipt of complete application on Portal, the BoI’s Work Visa Recommendation Letter will be issued within seven (07) working days.
List of Required Documents
- Company’s covering letter stating the period of visa required and other necessary details.
- Passport’s consisting of three pages i.e, information, entry and last visa page.
- Colored Photographs.
- Sponsor details (Company Focal Person Name, Designation, Email, Address, Cell number)
- CV of the employee
- Previous visa page
- Company's Registration Certificate.
- Employment agreement.
- Confirmation/ guarantee of the credentials of the expatriates by the company on their letter head.
- Company profile.
- Work / Family visa processing fee details.
- FBR NTN Certificate
- Original / proof of Work Visa processing fee US$100 (equal in Pak rupees) per person per year. The amount shall be deposited in the Board of Investment Account No. 3035205436 being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre, Melody, Islamabad.
In case of any query please contact the following:
Mr. Muhammad Aslam,
Assistant Director (Visa),
Prime Minister's Office,
Board of Investment,
06th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat,
Tel: +92-51-9244530, Fax: +92-51-9215554
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com