The Board of Investment (BOI) was established with broad based responsibilities of promotion of investment in all sectors of economy; facilitation of local and foreign investors for speedy materialization of their projects and to enhance Pakistan 's international competitiveness and contribute to economic and social development.
The BOI assists companies and investors who intend to invest in Pakistan as well as facilitates the implementation and operation of their projects. The wide range of services provided by BOI includes providing information on the opportunities for investment and facilitating companies that are looking for joint venture.
The BOI acts as a focal point of contact for prospective investors, both domestic and foreign to provide them with all necessary information and assistance in coordinating with other Government Departments/Agencies.
Promoting domestic and foreign investment to enhance Pakistan 's international competitiveness and contribute to economic and social development.
Policy Advocacy: Achieve Steady improvements in the investment environment by:
- Proposing measures to create a steadily improving investment friendly environment.
- Removing and simplifying outdated unnecessary procedures, approvals and legislation.
- Facilitating greater private sector role in industrial zone development
Investment Promotion: Provide exemplary leadership as the apex investment promotion body by:
- Implementing proactive cost effective responsive and targeted promotion strategies
- Delivering effective investor facilitation services on behalf of the individual investor
- Creation of a centralized databank.