The Board of Investment (BOI) was established with broad based responsibilities of promotion of investment in all sectors of economy, facilitation of local and foreign investors for speedy materialization of their projects, enhancement of Pakistan 's international competitiveness and contribution to economic and social development.
BOI assists companies and investors who are investing or intend to invest in Pakistan as well as facilitates the implementation and operation of their projects. The wide range of services provided by BOI also include providing information on the opportunities for investment and facilitating companies that are looking for joint ventures.
BOI acts as a focal point of contact for existing and prospective investors, both domestic and foreign, to provide them with all necessary information and assistance in coordination with other Government Departments/Agencies at Federal and Provincial level.
Promoting domestic and foreign investment to enhance Pakistan's international competitiveness and contribute to economic and social development.
Policy Advocacy: Achieve Steady improvements in the investment environment by:
- Proposing measures to create an investment friendly business climate.
- Removing and simplifying outdated unnecessary procedures, approvals and legislation.
- Facilitating private sector in industrial development.
Investment Promotion: Provide exemplary leadership as the apex investment promotion body by:
- Implementing proactive, effective, responsive and targeted promotion strategies.
- Delivering effective investor facilitation services.
- Creating a centralized databank.