Branch/Liaison Office Board of Investment (BOI) grants permission to foreign companies to open their Branch Office and Liaison Office in Pakistan.
Branch Office: Branch Office is established by a foreign company to fulfill its contractual obligations with the public or private sector in Pakistan. Their activity will be restricted to the work mentioned in the agreement/contract signed. However they cannot undertake any commercial/trading activities.
Liaison Office: Liaison Office is established by a foreign company for promotion of product(s), provision of technical advice & assistance, exploring the possibility of joint collaboration and export promotion. However they cannot undertake any commercial/trading activities.
Period of Permission: The permission shall be issued for a period of 1-5 years.
Renewal: The permission granted by BOI shall be renewable subject to provision of all required documents and fees.
Step1: Required Documents (one original and five copies along-with a soft copy via email: email@example.com):
- Application form(duly filled in and signed with stamp).
- Copy of registration of company duly attested by respective Pak Embassy.
- Copy of Article of Memorandum of Association duly attested by Pak Embassy.
- Copy of Resolution/Authority letter of the company to establish Branch/Liaison Office in Pakistan.
- Company Profile.
- CV of Designated person authorized to act on behalf of the company + Passport copy/CNIC.
- Copy of contract agreement (in case of Branch office only).
- One original set and five copies are requested of all above documents
- Fees 3000/2000 US $ for Branch/Liaison office respectively for initial period of one year. 1500 US $ for Sub-Office of Branch Office and 1000 US$ for Sub-Office of Liaison Office. The amount (US$ or equivalent in Pak Rupees) shall be deposited in the Board of Investment Account being maintained with National Bank of Pakistan, Main Branch, Civic Centre, Islamabad. Details of Account are:-
- a) Title of Account: Board of Investment
b) PLS Account No. 44991-2,
c) Branch Code - 0341
d) Swift Code- NBPAPKKA02I
e) IBAN – PK07NBPA0341003035205436