Things to Note
- Government of Pakistan has extended the New E-Visa Portal for 191 countries from 29th April, 2019 (E-Visa Portal Nadra).
- The companies employing expatriates from these 191 countries are required to submit their work visa application on the E-Visa portal i.e. https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
*BOI’s letter of recommendation is mandatory on POVS for Work Visa extension cases
Work Visa - Entry
- Work Visa Entry – Single Entry up to 3 months which will be extendable further up to 2 years
- Pakistan Missions abroad to receives and approves entry work visa within stipulated time frame of 48 hours
Work Visa - Extension
- Once work visa granted for 3 months, applicant can seek extension up to 2 years with multiple entries
- Ministry of Interior to receives and decides with due feedback from the stakeholders (mandatory)
- BOI’s online recommendation through POVS is mandatory for Work/Family Visa extension cases.
- BOI recommends work/family visa cases within 7 working days on the receipt of complete application requirements.
Work Visa Extension Requirements
1. Citizens of foreign countries who wish to work and live in Pakistan can apply on NADRA POVS (visa.nadra.gov.pk)
2. A Fee of US$100 per person per year is charged for the service by BOI. Only online fee through POVS will be accepted. Any request for refund or adjustment will not be entertained.
3. As per revised Visa Policy, Work Visa will be extended up to 2 years with multiple entries, therefore the request should clearly indicate the required duration.
List of Required Documents
- Company’s covering letter stating the period of visa required and other necessary details.
- Passport’s consisting of three pages i.e, information, entry and last visa page.
- Sponsor details (Company Focal Person Name, Designation, Email, Address, Cell number)
- CV of the employee
- Previous work/family visa page
- Company's Registration Certificate.
- Employment agreements.
- Confirmation/ guarantee of the credentials of the expatriates by the company on their letter head.
- Company profile.
- FBR NTN Certificate
In case of any query please contact the following:
Mr. Muhammad Aslam,
Assistant Director (Visa),
Prime Minister's Office,
Board of Investment,
06th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat,
Tel: +92-51-9244530, Fax: +92-51-9215554
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org